Monday, March 16, 2009

Yesterday.........

I took a little and much needed trip yesterday.........to a friend's home. I have mentioned that I haven't made many new friends here in Texas.......but that is a whole different post. It was a nice drive ( ok, no country lanes with beautiful panoramic views - highways and interstates and traffic all of the way - but I didn't get lost or panic) She lives in a town that is called Boerne. How would you pronouce this? Give up? Bur-knee. I am rambling again..........sorry. We beaded, we laughed, we beaded some more, ate Chinese take-out (I brought half of mine home, so I can eat it for lunch tomorrow). Her tax accountant also came, who is also a beader, so I met a new person and enjoyed her company..........all in all it was just a delightful day.

OOOO, before I forget, she has this really cool "thing" on her fridge. On the section above her water/ice dispenser are all of these itty bitty magnetic words.......oh my, a dream come true. So I took a break from beading and played. I left two sentences behind..........one involving a frill frog and some type of whale and the other about confetti and spaghetti..........you are limited to your choices!! All in all it was day that I needed and truly appreciated.
Today is the first day of spring break..........we are off to the zoo!!!!! So I know there will be smiles and cameras involved there......

1 comment:

Dawn Marie said...

glad you had a good day. I'm in the mood for a short drive and some good companionship also...sometimes women companionship is just what we need isnt it?