Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Flowers..........

In North Pole, Alaska (ok, I love typing that ...........I live close to North Pole, Alaska) there is a river that runs though part of it.............or along side of it.......trust me, I know I don't have the correct wording on it's location.........any ways,  along one of the banks of that river in town, the most beautiful wild flowers appear.  I have to assume that they were planted there, as they change according quite a few times during the summer.  I love flowers (seems like I "love" a whole lot of things, huh?)
This summer, since it will be our last one here, I tried really hard to take pictures of the different flowers that bloomed.  Sadly I don't know the names of some of them.........they just make me happy, so I take pictures of them.

 

I believe these are lupine?  Yes - no?   This particular shade was the most amazing deep lavender, my friend from Texas was here at the time and neither she or I got what I consider a "true" shot the represented the color - you can see in the background the pretty light blue ones.
Sweet Williams?  I think so, they were just all over the bank.......here is a close up.
Then the poppies arrived...........oh I do love poppies.........they look so fragile and yet their color screams out "look at me. look at me!"
The day I took this picture, we had a very gentle breeze, something we have very little of in the inland area....wind..........these poppies just were waving so sweetly..............made me wish for a hammock, a good book and sadly some strong mosquito repellent.......mosquitoes are hardy up here!!
I hope that one of these pictures brought a smile to your heart............

1 comment:

Claireanne said...

Sooo glad to see you are back!

Claire