Monday, April 9, 2012

September 17, 2010

I can't believe that it has been almost two years since I blogged.........really two years.  I guess I can, I have slowed down......what use to take me (in my mind at least) just a few minutes;well now it seems to take an hour.  Of course in between the starting and stopping of any particular quest, lays the " oh that's where I put that" and the "hmmm, wonder what this is?" the famous "oh I'll just finish doing this job" and toward the end, I sometimes just have to stop and think "what in heck did I start out doing???"

We have left the great state of Alaska - and it truly is a wondrous state.  I loved every minute I spent there, but I think part of it was the wonderful people we were stationed with at Eielson AFB.  I won't even start to name all of the names, many have been stationed other places and some are natives and still live there......I miss them.  All of them.

So needless to say, the above magnolia blooms weren't from Alaska, but from Alexandria, VA where we are living now.  I love it here.   So much history, things to do, flowers and beautiful trees, beautiful homes - old homes, and maybe it's just being back east again.  The DC area is a mix of the south and east....a good combination in my opinion.

I AM going to try and get back into the habit of posting........share the flowers and trees, maybe some of my creations, trips that we take, and you KNOW that there will be an adventure or two........I just seem to encounter adventure......

Hope you had a good day, that you smiled and shared a smile with someone else.........

No comments: