Thursday, January 31, 2008

Time.........

I wonder about time........where it goes. I know it was just here, it still is and I do dream of the future time, but just were does it get away from me? Ok, first I realize that at a certain time in our lives, that our bodies seem to, somewhat sneakily too, start to slow down.........yup it happens to the best of us. Trust me, I was one of the loudest "man, I am never going to just sit and watch televison, nope, I will always have something in my hands to work on." Well, I now sit and let that mindless machine let me swim in an abyss of nothingness. Plus the lighting at this house right now, excuse the expression, sucks!!! at least where the television is, and I do need good lighting. Time, ah yes, that is where I started........it just seems to get away from me........plus, just like the rambling above, I start on one thing and end up doing about 14 other - which at the time seemed to be a do or die type of thing- and then suddenly I think "shoot, did I actually unload the dishwasher?"...........hmmm, speaking of time, here is something that I read yesterday and thought is was an interesting piece of trivia.



Pez candy tablets, now famous for the dispensers they're sold in, started in Austria as breath mints and sold in tins. Spring-loaded despensers were added in 1948 ( a good year for some of us). Then, when the company expanded to the United States, cartoon heads were added to appeal to kids in 1952. Feet were added in 1987.
I myself, have never been a big Pez fan, but all of the grandkids seem to love them.......but I am thinking that since this generation of parents worry about the sugar and hyper thing, where in my generation we did drink colas and eat sugar, that the grandkids would eat straght sugar if offered to them..............but that is a whole other subject..........................

No comments: