Sunday, September 7, 2008

This and That

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
— Henry David Thoreau




Here I am, home alone.........and haven't touched one single bead, stone, wire, clasp.........to create that is...........but to buy.........oh my.

I have this very special and creative person in my life, that lives in Albuquerque (as Andrew calls it.....Al -ba- cookie).......she sent me a watch piece/face...the part that tells the time........a long time ago. Now I am not a truly confident person and in being so, I will hold onto a certain piece of what ever until I am truly truly truly sure that what I am going to use it for, is THE ultimate ending for it AND that I am able to do it justice.............trust me, I have material that I still have in my quilting stash that just makes me sigh when I look at it........hmmmm where was I.......oh, the watch piece.............ok, so I now have an idea on how I would like to make this watch........but alas, I didn't have the correct findings......have the beads, have the stringing material that I want to use...............but no lobster claws ... see it's not really a very pretty or oooh ahhh type of thing, but if you need it, you need it.......right.







So off I went yesterday...........on a Saturday no less..........I do dislike shopping on Saturdays........just because I can, for the most part, visit stores during the week and as much as I like to people watch........on Saturdays and Sundays........well it's more like throwing the Christians to the lions
But I was brave and off I went to one of the beading stores..............oh man............could I walk in there purchase the lobster claws and leave..............you don't even need a hint do you??? Sigh!!!!




Ok, now if I rationalize it, it would go like this.........the store was super duper crowded and IF I



had been able to walk in, ask for help, find the claws and leave, I would have been alright...........well it didn't happen...........all of the ladies and young girls there were swamped, so I wandered..........and this is what I went to the counter with.............



























Aren't these just delicious? The correct answer is yes.........now right now I am envisioning them mixed with some black and grey beads, maybe some pearls..........hmmm, don't know if a bracelet or a necklace.......now if it's a necklace, will I dig into my stash of ribbon and do-dads or will I stick with wire...........I'll let you know.


I couldn't leave these in the store.......how could I? Could you leave something that was very quietly but consistently calling your name?

"mary ellen, mary ellen, I'm over here.....please mary ellen....." I would love to be able to show you these in person..........they are the color of red that says " I am confident.....I know who and what I am, I have been around the block once or twice and have come back better and stronger!!!! I am aged but still have more life to live, a life that has wisdom so that I know what to worry about and what to let go." You don't hear that.......hmmmm, maybe I didn't take my meds yesterday........well I did hear that and they are sitting downstairs, and they are happy beads...........because they are where they belong.......now I wonder how long it will take me to release them.........


















Dark hunter green......not black, and I do know what I am going to do with these.............I AM going to dig into my stash of ribbons, yarns, strings and things and make a necklace out of these.........




Last, but not least, are some faux crystals and a string of milky white beads..........I don't have many of either of these colors and I have been trying to supplement my little but growning stash of beads when I go shopping.........


So that is what I did yesterday, that and I went to the used bookstore with a huge sack of gently used books and browsed and brought home a big pile of books..........when I get done posting this..........I AM, oh yes I am, going to get up from this chair and go down to the table and start making, creating, playing and putting my vague designs that I have inside my head to work......shoot, maybe tomorrow I will have something to share that is completed...........


Have a good day and share a smile or giggle with someone...........




No comments: