Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 3

Arlington National Cemetery is one of the places that makes me feel humble, thankful, and totally renews my love of this wonderful country.  I know, we have problems, big problems, but when I look around at other countries, I am glad that I was able to be born and raised here.......here in the good ole' USA!  I haven't had the pleasure of visiting all of our states, but I have found that each and every one of them holds some type of uniqueness and beauty.  God bless America.

Hmmm, maybe I should have waited and used that little soap box entry for the 4th of July.......but I wanted to share the photo of the wreaths on the graves - a truly beautiful sight.

Today's blog:
http://apieceofsky.com/

I am having so much fun, wandering around and looking at so many blogs....totally different from each other and yet every blog will call out and find it's own audience.

We were at a fabric store yesterday, Hancock's, and both boys were helpful and truly were on their best behavior (let's face it, a fabric store isn't the most exciting place for boys).  Andrew kept saying to me " Nana, Nana, feel this,it feels so wonderful."  He was feeling velvet.  I don't know if he has ever felt it before......he said something  about this is what a queen would wear........and I do think velvet does make us feel like royalty.......something that we all should feel every once in awhile.

What are your plans for today?  I sure hope it includes a smile .........

No comments: