Friday, May 2, 2008

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.
— Anonymous
Just prattling away this morning..........
First, whoever anonymous is/was, her or she is just one smart person.........
Second, I am leaving tomorrow for two weeks...........visiting family.........actually going to go and help out my daughter and sil..........he had 5 bypasses a few weeks back and I am going up to WY to help drive him to and from cardiac therapy..........that way she can put a full day's work in and not have a paycheck that is short............trust me when i say that these kids will be medically in debt for ever.........and they do have insurance too.
Not sure if I can blog on my daughter's computer.......going to try........if not, well here is a recipe that I love............and since Mother's Day is fast approaching, and many families get together to celebrate this special day, it can be used as a salad or a dessert...........
Pretzel Salad
2 ½ cups coarsely chopped pretzels 3 tbsp sugar
¾ c. melted butter
mix and press into 9 x 13 pan and bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes
Beat together:
1 8oz cream cheese 1 egg
1 cup powdered sugar 1 12oz cool whip
spread over cooled crust and chill until set.
Make 1, 6oz strawberry jell-O as directed, but SUBSTITUTE 3, 10 oz boxes of frozen strawberries instead of 2 cups cold water. Chill until syrupy and pour over cream mixture. Chill…..keep refrigerated……….
I think this is more of a dessert, and I know that whatever it is , it likes, naaawww it LOVES my hips =-).
Well off to do laundry and get things ready to pack.........leaving dark thirty in the morning.......man, not liking this early morning flight thing, but was trying to make it easier on my kids picking me up...................

No comments: