Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Color..........

Aren't these colors just bright and happy? Come on, tell me that they don't make you feel better.......just a wee bit?

Kim over at http://calamitykim.typepad.com/calamity_kim/ is posting about color week......she didn't get it started, Lynn at Little Red Hen did.....
http://thelittleredhen.typepad.com/my_weblog/........man I am trying to give everyone the credit they deserve and since I am soooooooo computer challenged, I mess things up and then lose them and then I say rather unholy things that Andrew hears.............sigh.........I will get better I know I will. Any ways, Kim (now I post like Kim knows who I am and we are personal friends..........tee hee.........but I do love her posts and all of her photos are so clear, bright and inspirational.........well I read her religiously. Again, I wander off the road............she posted a fantastic photos of crayons...............to die for. I love crayons........just looking at this picture and the one below, puts the biggest smile on my face.

Just look at all of that color. It's a far cry from the box that I started school with. Well I take that back, I just went and checked http://www.factmonster.com/index.html and did a search of crayons and when I started school there were 48 colors in a box.......and unless the nuns said "no go" I am sure I had the box with the 48 colors. Now according to this page there are boxes of crayons with........are you ready............120!!!!! Man, I have got to go down that aisle soon at the discount store and see them..........we have such a good supply here at home (though I know that we have do not have that much variety!!!!!!!) that I haven't crayon shopped in a long time.
Listen to some of the names:
inch worm
canary
beaver
fern
cranberry
oh the list goes on and on............ok, I can see that you are sitting there and shaking your head. A full grown woman totally and completely excited over crayon colors...........sorry. Color and words, I can't think of a better combination.

Now as much as I liked the picture of Kim's site and the one that I shared, I really like this one:



These crayons have been touched.......they have beautified a piece of paper, cloth, a wall.........someone has used their imagination and made the day a better place.


Did you know that coloring is a good therapy? It is. Even if the person grabs black and pushes hard and viciously making stabbing motions on the surface........it is helping them. My first thought, even for an adult, when someone is recuperating from a long illness or surgery.........color book and crayons.........and it is especially a good "new big brother or sister" gift. Did you know that if a child uses bright colors versus the darker shades, that most likely, that child has higher artistic tendencies? I read that somewhere......years ago. I always liked watching my grandchildren color and tried to make note of what colors they used........we have one definite artistic one in the bunch.


I hope this made you smile.........check out Kim's blog and I am going to wander over to Lynn's too........so I am thinking that I am not going to get a whole lot done today, except wander in blog land..........



No comments: