Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tinkerbell


On Friday evenings we try to have a family movie night. Last night we watched Tinkerbell.......it's a new Disney movie.........it's cute. The boys have watched it quite a few times already, but it was the first time for the adults.

I have always had a soft spot for Tinkerbell...don't most little girls? This tiny little thing with wings that flit and allow her to fly, spreading fairy dust and just doing as she likes.........just sounds like a pretty good life. Have you ever noticed, most of the time Tink's hair is never out of place either!!! She doesn't seem to have a problem fitting into her rather skimpy, but demure outfit either...........but of course with all of that flying and flitting, she must stay in shape that way !!!!!!
One year I took my three children to Disney World......just the four of us........my oldest was a freshman in college, another in 10th grade and the youngest was in 9th. Ok, so many people take their kids when they are small........I never had the $$ to do so..........and you know what..........I'm rather glad now. The children being the age they were..........it was just a blast. We only had one day that was a wee bit tense..........and let's face it, most family vacations have at least one of these..........and now we laugh about it.
We were there when the gates opened and we didn't leave until the gates closed...........why not, they didn't need naps, they had no problems going to bed when we got to the condo, like young children do.........it was totally perfect. I think on the second night of our visit I discovered something. Tinkerbell was a real person. Honest to Pete, she is. She flies down from the castle every single night on this wire and she is this human being.........ok, so I have already admitted that it takes just simple things to make me happy.............and you know what, everyone wants to keep me happy.......tee hee..............yup, you guessed it, every night except New Year's Eve, we were at the castle to see her fly down..............I was totally captivated. The children were polite, but I think at this point they were making plans on where they would place me when I totally lost all of my faculties.........so far I am holding on by my fingers!!!!! Each and every night I would say (at first to everyone, and slowly only to myself.........because I was starting to notice people were backing away from me) "Tinkerbell is a real person. Tinkerbell is a real person."


In the next few days, I hopefully will get brave and try to share some Thanksgiving decoration pictures..........remember, those were the pictures that got me into all of the trouble and caused my disappearance.........sigh.

Hope your day is a good one..........maybe if you relax and let yourself go you just might see



No comments: