Friday, January 30, 2009

The blackberry


Aren't these handsome and prim snowfellas? Thank you Peggy for these gents.
Ok, on to the blackberry. I like fruit. I do, but to grab an apple, orange, banana during the day and eat one...........hmmmm, well that's not me. So my delightful daughter started me on this fine habit. Almost every Monday thru Friday I enjoy a beautiful bowl of frozen fruit for breakfast. I truly do look forward to it.........I do. I reach into the freezer and grab the packages of frozen fruit, put x amount of peaches, strawberries, raspberries, (this week we have pineapple too) and my beloved blackberries. It seems that my taste buds run towards the berry family, strong and true.
(ooops, sorry blueberries, I can eat you in pie or tart, but not in my bowl of fruit.....isn't that silly?) Pop them into the microwave........just for a brief time, and then take them out and enjoy.

Soooooo, yesterday I am sitting there at the cool round table that we found.......newspaper, cup of my special non-grown-up coffee and look into the bowl and what do I see..............YIKES

A blackberry with a stem on it.........ok, sadly we in America I feel, expect perfection in everything......especially if we put out cash for it. Me, well I am think I have gotten over this. So I pick out the blackberry with my spoon........now right here is the part that makes me wonder how my brain patterns wander. Would you not think that I would just place the blackberry directly onto the salad plate that held my piece of cinnamon toast.........it's ok to say "YES"......truly................but oh no, not me. I picked up the stem of the blackberry to take it out of the spoon and place it on the plate..........ok, now let's look at the photo again. Can you see it? Oh I hope so, as I just spent almost 5 minutes trying to zoom in on that #($*%&&@_@# blackberry to show you.............show you what..............THE STICKER!!!!! Yup, this beautiful blackberry not only had a stem still on it, but a sticker..........and did it stick me, well of course!!! Now unlike Sleeping Beauty and her famous spinning wheel prick, I am still alive and functioning, but for a few minutes the sharpness of this little appendage popped open my eyes!!!!!



So I took pictures of this little piece of fruit, shared it with you AND also wrote to the company that packaged it...........well I emailed them. Now I use to actually sit down and put pen to paper, but with the price of stamps, I now email. Actually I haven't contacted any companies in a few years...........but I thought they should know...........my daughter laughed........"Do you really think they will answer or care?"...........who knows, maybe, maybe not. I did check closely this morning to the famous bag of blackberries, no stems or little stickers either...........

Ok, so it's not the best post, but it did happen to me and I thought I would share it...........and if I do hear back from the company I will let you know.........
Have a good day, smile if you can..........it's such good medicine for the soul and body.






















No comments: