Thursday, January 8, 2009

Puppies, puppies everywhere.........

Isn't he a handsome fella? No snowpeople in Texas, but holy mackanolie, have you read about Alaska's temps lately? Egads, no planes in or out, low fuel, broken water pipes, furnaces going out in homes, below-below-below zero readings on the thermometer........what have I signed on for? I am excited to go and especially the drive up there...........but I am thinking that I shall have to find some big mama extra warm long johns to survive.
Ok, puppies, puppies everywhere. We have two dogs......a yellow lab and a chow-shepherd mix (the only part of the chow that shows on Violet (??? what a name, huh.......Violet? she was named when they went to get her.....!!!) is her tongue.....it's the bluish color of a chow.....the rest looks total German Shepherd. She is such a scary cat too.........jumps at each and every sound and such a protector..........barks like a fog horn until we open the door......then she runs away.......oooo, good watch dog. Well any ways, we have two dogs. Last Sunday, my daughter and sil took the boys to Sunday school (we go to mass on Saturday evening) and then while they are there, they like to spend that hour together.......I don't know what they do...........but they are alone and together and that is such a treat for them............me, I was still in my jammies and upstairs on the computer..........like where else would I be? So when they came home Violet of course had to announce them and then they didn't come in and didn't come in and didn't come in........so nosey rosey Nana had to go and find out what action was taking place and what I was missing..........oy vey...........
In our back yard was this surprise....... Not one, not two, but five of these super active and super cute Boston terriers. Now these guys are movers.........and jumpers too! I mean these are not truly puppies, they are pretty much grown and they move like the wind..........no, what's faster than the wind.........light? I don't know, they are just quick. Hop here and hop there............they were all black and white except for this little cutie
He/she had that pretty brown mottled coloring. There was one, that was blind in one eye and when we finally located the owners, he told us she was almost deaf, and she definitely had breathing problems.........the others were rather mean to her too.......so you know which one I attached myself to........the oldie and the brownie. Well they were all in the backyard and then we looked out and there were only three of them..........and they weren't in the front yard. Now where could the other two dogs go? A few minutes later we looked and there were five of them again...........man, I KNOW that no one in this house takes any funny medicines and none of us even had a glass of wine the night before..........plus we were ALL seeing or not seeing the same thing. We finally figured out how they got into our yard........they actually dug underneath their fence into the neighbors yard and then dug under our fence into our yard............now these guys and gals are good escape artist!!!!!
See at this time there were only two...........then we blinked an look

now there are three..........I mean, it was like magic...............of course this was after we figured out how this adventure got started. Steven found the owners and they came and got them.......it was a quiet day after that.........but it was fun playing Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys for awhile. Bless my daughter's heart........she volunteered for poop scoop duty while she was out there with the dogs.........that's something that I have rarely volunteered for..........sorry, call me shallow, but I do potty training, not poop scooping.
The sun is shining today.....I've laughed and giggled already today.......well shoot it is almost 11 a.m.........let me see if I can embed this link...........if I can, I hope you can click on it.......I just about cracked up..........it just made me laugh and laugh..........of course I am sure I have looked this silly many times and I am a human.........sigh\Why the Printer Won't Work

No comments: