Saturday, April 26, 2008

Windows open.............

The windows are open today.........it's lovely. Being a northern gal, the opening of windows was the first sign that we "thought" that spring had arrived............most likely, especially in WY it was just an illusion. Spoke to my daughter yesterday and it had snowed..........MAN!!!!!!! But as always, I went out on a tangent............bet you're use to it by now, huh?
Open windows..........that wonderful, wonderful smell of fresh air.........especially today, as we had a thunderstorm of thunderstorms last night..........whoa, rock the boat baby!!!!!
The air smells so sweet and fresh...........I love it. I am listening to all types of birds cooing and cawing, scolding each other and then also having a silly little chatter from Walter, our squirrel..........ok, there are truly 56,458, 129 squirrels, but the boys don't realize it yet and they love "spotting" Walter - we even think Walter has a girlfriend now........you guessed it, Wanda.

Open windows also reminds me of a time gone by with no air-conditioning.........hmmm, think this could be also a nightmare........I need that air-conditioning. The buzz of the fans all over the house - if you played with paper dolls, it didn't take you long to learn not to play close to a fan........man what a mess to pick up all of those fancy schmancy movie star clothes!!!!! As a child I lived in an area that had BIG MAPLE TREES and oh did they give us shade and fun..................oh man, I am digressing again.
Open windows, so rarely do we see them now.........truly, think about it......in Texas, at least in our little neighborhood you don't even know if the windows are open or not.............they are the slide up type of windows.........so no clue until you get right up to the house.........oh well, they are open and I know it and like it...........it will be a rare day and I am going to appreciate it to the fullest.
Ok, another side trip, aren't I full of them today.........wouldn't you just love to go shopping with me.....well just certain days............I start out looking for - hmmmm, coffee mugs and end up in the pj department............just wandering around, oblivious of time.............good days. Here is a
photo of windows in Paris.........I just love it..........the old building, the vibrant colors...........I like color........but then again I like the crispness of white too............schucks,



I am just a well rounded woman, in more ways than one..........tee hee


psssst, we aren't going to Fiesta........it's ok, trust me.........we all need the stay-at-home time........there is always next year..........and if not, the world won't stop turning........

No comments: