Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's peaceful....at least for awhile

Ah yes, the sounds of silence......I do appreciate them so much. The grown-up kids took their young'ns to Christmas shop for each other........
Yesterday I posted that we were going to Sea World.....we did. They really didn't have that much up for decorations.........nothing like Halloween........they were all very pretty, but I truly thought there would be Christmas everywhere. Of course, I think, that this is the first year that they have been open for Christmas, so maybe they are trying to see if this goes over or not. The theme this year was the Polar Express..........but the only thing dealing with that was the 3-d movie of the Polar Express.......condensed down to 18 minutes.............man I am starting to sound hum-bug.........tee hee
Here is the tree as you enter the park. The end.........tee hee.........the rest will be personal pictures, but not much else to share. When you entered the park, right after you go through the turn style, you notice something in the air.........snow!!!! So I wanted my daughter to get a picture of the boys looking at the snow..........well they wouldn't hold still, so I got into the picture.......and she took one, and then another and then another and then another.........you can't see the "snow", which I suddenly realized was dish soap blobs........when I said "Hey this is dish soap blobs." my daughter looked at me with this "Oh my goodness, and I allow this woman to watch my children." look. Here is that picture of the three of us trying to see the snow......
We didn't realize that the park was only opened until 5, and we got there around 1 - our fault, we didn't use the phone or the computer..........so no rides for us........and yes the water rides were open.......it was warm and muggy yesterday. We had to take a minute to map out which show to do first so we could get the most in.........it worked out. This next picture was taken while waiting for the 3-d theatre to open.......I love it.
The lady in front of us in the mob.........oh I meant gathering of humans offered to take a picture with all of us....my sil didn't come, he wasn't feeling well.........
I took pictures of the Shamu program. I have been to it quite a few times, they change the "theme" of it, but Shamu and the trainers do just about the same and wonderful and amazing performances. I don't know why, but for some reason I was just enthralled with this performance.......who knows, but I did remember to get my camera out and tho' these aren't the best.........I wanted to share them with you.
This next one came out darker, but I was just in awe.......have seen this particular pose over and over again, but like I said, for some unknown reason it was like a whole new world for me.....
Can you see the young woman being held up high on Shamu's nose(?), do whales have noses? Well, I guess you would have to look really really hard.........sigh........
Enjoy the day..........it is a windy and semi chilly one here........yup, I am wearing socks today........tee hee
PS....how many Shamus are there????







No comments: