Sunday, July 20, 2008

Another movie topic.........


I can't believe that I am writing another movie topic.......really I can't........but here I go any ways........MAMA MIA !!!! When I looked up the reviews, the silly critics gave it only a C+, the public gave it an A-. stick with your peers ladies, stick with your peers. The only reason I got to go, was that I had a free pass......and so did my daughter........so off we went and left the men behind. We did get popcorn and it was good.....so that was a +, we didn't get "our" seats.........and that was a bummer, man we got there 25 minutes early too......guess if we truly want those seats we better bring a paperback and settle in for a wait.........which would be ok with me......tee hee.
Now to the people around us.........95% women.............need I say more.........just watching my fellow females was a movie in itself. I love women, I need their friendship and camaraderie. I need their humor and warmth......not that I don't love men, because I do and would love to have one in my life, but women just their own special club and I love being a member. Now what I am going to share, well now that I typing it out, it isn't as funny, but trust me last night, my daughter and I had as much fun with the people as the movie (the movie was hilarious.....pee your pants funny.) We arrived fairly early so we had the pick of our seats (just not "ours"). so we settled in and within 5 minutes the crowds started.......yikes, we timed it right. At first the ladies and a few gents moved toward the top and found seats, but then the "standing in front of the front row and counting" started.........that alone is funny, because some of the ladies were confident in their first count.......others counted one or two times........now some brave maidens just headed off.........others, we will call them the shy new kids, would either mouth, while others would use their football stadium voices to shout "are those seats taken?"...........like are you talking to me or to the other 486 people sitting next to three empty seats? I saw whole families of females come in, one family deposited Grandma in the ground floor chairs and were going to leave her there......and they were going to go up farther........well it took Grandma a few minutes to figure this one out........gutsy ole' Grandma just stood up and went with them......shame on them to think they were going to have fun without her...........GO GRANDMA!!!! Now another family of females came in.....they stood, they counted, they spied.......and found two seats for the pre-teens in a row above us, and two seats right in front of us......ok.......then the mother and grandma left......they were gone for quite awhile, and no wonder..........honest to pete, they came back in looking like they had just gone to the grocery store..........hot dogs, sodas, nachos, popcorn, candy, I didn't see any ice cream, so I guess they missed that food group..........then they had to dispense it.........I didn't turn around to watch that chapter........I was still laughing to hard at seeing them walking in like they were feeding a local football team!!! I saved the best until last.........two ladies sat down, right next to my daughter........ok.......well they were talkers......I mean talkers.........this was before the movie (hey have you ever noticed that even before the movie, people whisper in the theatre??? weird huh?)


I didn't get many of the funny comments, I just was enjoying watching my daughter laugh.......and she was laughing too, they must have been quite entertaining.........one of the best she shared was right at the beginning of the movie........"Hey, I didn't know this was a musical." Jenn just about cracked up.........then I guess they were oogling (and rightfully so) the men in the movie......between the movie and Jenn's seating companions, she really had a good night of laughs............
If you get a chance to see Mama Mia, go...........it's refreshing, funny, A MUSICAL, the scenery is to die for.......and I give it an A.

No comments: