Sunday, March 2, 2008

A little bit of spring time................




My daughter will be coming home on Saturday, March 8th from Iraq. We have been very busy little beavers around here.........very busy. We have cleaned lots and lots of little piles through out the house...........my daughter is a neat-nick big time. I planted these flowers (this is also the area where THE snake was......see how long is was, the whole length of the window and partly turned back on itself looking up into the window.....ewwwwww!!!!). I don't know the correct name for these springish looking flowers.........oh I know petunias, but the larger flowers look like some type of hybrid geranium.....no little white sticker thing in any of the pots.........this one below, is in front of the garage..no petunias in this one, as the other flowers seemed to take up most of the pot.

We are going to have the boys each bring her a rose, as we are allowed to go into the security area..........anyone else that is coming to greet her will have to be in the regular terminal. I don't know if anyone will be there, as most of her office that she knows is either in Afghanistan or Iraq, we have no family here and well, for her I would like someone to be there besides us.........but once we get home, four of the neighbors and ourselves have purchased signs saying "Welcome home Jennifer" and we are going to have a kazillion balloons in the house (she and I are balloon gals) a bouquet of flowers, and we were going to have welcome home cake, BUT, the next day is my sil's birthday, and the boys will want to have a cake for him, so we are going to forego the welcome home cake. Seems like something else..........can't think right now.........shoot, even when I think I am thinking it doesn't seem to be working well..........sigh.

No comments: