Wednesday, February 20, 2008

I may be computerless




The above graphic is a Mary Engelbreight.......... http://www.maryengelbreit.com/default.aspx, I love her work..........but the whole thought I am going to try to share IS: I may be computerless!!! Just typing the words sends chills down my spine.......isn't that pathetic???? The digital camera that I have is old. It is so old that it uses the plastic floppy discs.......which always confused me, as they are hard hard plastic, so why are they called floppy? Well, one got stuck in my A drive (I know, most computers don't even have an A dive any more.......). I have tried removing it with my fingers.........oiy vey.......took all the skin off around the cuticle area of my pointer finger.......ouch!!!!! Then I went and got my most favorite tool in the house...........my tweezers............I am telling you, I don't let anything happen to these tweezers, they are jewels!!! Even tried using the small kitchen tongs.........so now I will wait until Steven gets home and see if together we can retrieve that nasty little disc.............if not, then off to the computer doctors my machine will go............and trust me, I just don't want that to happen. I have come to rely on my computer to keep in touch with friends, retrieve information both needed and trivial, play games (and I do wish I had more time to do that..........I like to play games) and share photos with people and keep up my new site. I do remember a time when my computer didn't have internet and I could just use it for writing letters and such..........shoot, I can remember when I functioned and quite well actually, without a computer at all..........but I don't like to think about those days .............no not really........so if you don't mind, send some good thoughts this way and if I disappear, it isn't because I am being held captive............I will return.......

No comments: