Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Texas




I think I mentioned that we are living in Texas now...........and I like it. I was born across the border of Massachusetts in Nashua, NH - lived in Massachusetts, moved to Michigan where I graduated and married and had two of my three children, and then moved to Wyoming......and I kiddingly will spell it, Why-oh-ming.......but I do like Wyoming. I lived briefly in Florida and really liked it there.........think it was the ocean thing, and we were right there at the ocean. Now, as I have said, I am in Texas.

Now close your eyes, what do you think of when you imagine Texas........come on, close your eyes...........John Wayne, horses, cows, oil wells, the big house on the t.v. show, Dallas........well I have to let you know, that since starting my residency in this big huge state, I could count on my hands, the number of times that I have seen a gentleman dressed in western clothes..........no kidding. There is something about a man, when he wears a nice western shirt, boots, hat and ....sigh......those wranglers.........'those wrangler butts, will drive you nuts'.......sorry if that offended any of you..........but it is true......amen. Now, add some grey hair on the side and whoa, we are talking one good visual picture.


Now one thing we have in Texas, and trust me, it took my by complete surprise are.........are you ready? Palm trees.........yeah, California and Florida palm trees.........

I don't know why I am amazed at this........but I am. I didn't picture palm trees in Texas, I pictured, cacti..........and there are quite enough of those prickly items here. Now, it's not that I don't like palm trees, but in my mental image, I don't have any of these tall beauties floating about.........so put palm trees in one hand and wrangler dressed gentlemen in the other.......shoot, I do hope you know which one is going to win out in my game !!!!!!!

No comments: