Friday, February 29, 2008

Spiderwick Chronicles.............


My son-in-law and I went to see the movie, the Spiderwick Chronicles last week-end.........now going to the movie with me is like a sacred ritual. 1. I like to arrive early............why, well first I like to stand in line and get my over humongous bag of popcorn, which sometimes I eat all of and other times I don't, but I will either ask them to layer the butter or at the other theatre, you place you own butter on.........oh man, do they lose $$ on me...........and then there is the salt butter thing..........trust me, my heart and blood pressure both need at least 48/72 hours of complete rest after a popcorn movie adventure. 2. I like to sit in the seats that are in the first row of the high rise............you know, the seats that have the railing in front of it...........I like to put my feet up on the lower rail...........nooooooooooo, I don't slouch down like some jellied spine teen-ager, but being short, I do like a wee bit of a foot rest. 3. I love the previews.........I want to scope out what is coming and hopefully "remember" what I want to see................
Ok, now I set the stage........well kinda sorta.............who ever I am with, we people watch too......it's fun.........nothing bad, just giggly stuff.
Now I am not going to ruin the movie for anyone, but I will put a word of advisement out........this movie, even though it came from a children's book series, well it can be rather frightening.........not like the horror movie genre type of scary, but we do have some rather odd looking creatures and some rather violent scenes too..........which all leads up to my event at this show. At one part of the movie, this huge big large nasty real life looking snake appears........not for just a few minutes, but for a wee bit of a chase scene.............now anyone that knows me for even a wee bit KNOWS I am so scared of snakes, well I have no words to describe my fear. So my sil is sitting next to me and I am desperately pawing at his leg (thinking his hand is there) and I mean clawing and grabbing), he is saying "stop it, you're not funny" "Mary Ellen, stop it." Now I am beyond being subtle (ok, for some of you, you are thinking.......pawing at some one's leg is subtle.............it is for me and a snake!!!!!!!!). Now I am aggressively clutching his bicep and whimpering, "Hold my hand, hold my hand. " Now by the time this all takes place the snake scene is almost done and my heart is beating so fast that I think I am going to have to be removed from the theatre, with a stretcher and oxygen..................alas, and thankfully it didn't happen. As we were walking to the car, I look up to Steven and whine " YOU, wouldn't hold my hand!!!! " I whine well too. Steven looks down at me and replies " I thought you were kidding around, trying to pretend you were a snake." Ok, now this is good, I just reached over and smacked his shoulder a couple of times........... " YOU, you you..........you thought I was fooling around!!!!!! I don't fool around about snakes you boob!!!!! " He of course is laughing like a court jester and having a good time...........and I too eventually did a recap of the this event in my mind and got to giggling too....................but at the time, it was not a funny thing at all.................now just remember this little chapter, for hopefully if I still have a working computer................YES, the floppy is still stuck in the A drive.............maybe this week-end..........I will add another adventure in the same genre that took place this week.................

No comments: