Monday, August 11, 2008

Sunday, day 1

No early starts for us...........shoot, we hardly got to bed when it became daylight!!!! Not much sun either.........more rain and over cast skies.............but we didn't care. Karen, my older friend is an early riser............EARLY..........me, well I like to indulge and sleep in..........snuggled under that sheet and blanket with the sliding screen door open...........nice. I did finally get up and we ventured out for not really breakfast........more brunch........but we had a breakfast..........pancakes, home fries, eggs, bacon, coffee, ice water, AND English muffin for me and toast for her..............we waddled out. Straight across was this quaint shop............... Here is a better close up........... the name of this nice place is actually called


The Store.....and here is their site on line















Yup, we did the tourist thing and took a snapshot of Karen with the cow.......it is a gourmet store.........food, bridal registry, antiques, cookbooks, linens and dishes to die for..........beautiful settings. Think Karen purchased something here, I didn't. Now I know this is a silly photo, but I was so enchanted when I looked down and saw this.........

Beautiful slate and little tiny green plants growing around the slate.............Vermont has quite a few quarries in it.......so I would assume it was Vermont slate..........I don't know.

Next stop was this a glass blowing shop..........well shoot.......I thought I took a snapshot of their sign, but I guess I didn't. It was nice, Mad River Glass Gallery..........totally out of my price range, and leaning to more of the Oriental type glass.................BUT, in one section there were the most awesome and unique (well to me at least) vases. Tall and medium size, they were various shades of the ocean and the fish were blown half in the vase and half outside of it...........super cool..........nope, I couldn't find any online pictures of them either.........here are some interesting photos of the home next to the gallery/shop. I fibbed, I did take a picture of the sign....here it is........tee hee.

Now here is the photo of the house and beautiful flowers..........
I have no idea what this bush is called, but this doesn't do it justice at all.......the flowers are the softest red and feathery.........just beautiful.















Isn't their side porch cozy? They must have been to the ocean recently........or whenever and brought back some memories too.







We went downtown next and had a nice time wandering..........went into one store, The Artisans Gallery (http://www.vtartisansgallery.com/) and found these wonderful whimsical pins........aren't they a hoot?????



























Here is a picture of the covered bridge in the town

Hmmmm, don't quite know what we did then.....

Dinner was an adventure too..........both Karen and I are just plain ole' gals..........oh I like a fancy meal once in awhile, but pulllllleeeeeze, I am just not enthralled with meals with big $$$$$ and fancy names and well, I was amazed.........we must have been stuck in the middle of Vermont's chef paradise..........every restaurant had a "chef" and all of the menus were fancy schmancy.........we actually left one restaurant..........it was lovely.......but we truly couldn't see anything on the limited menu that we wanted to spend big $$ on and enjoy...........I am willing to pay good money for a meal and I did on this trip, but I want to "want" to eat the item and not just be stuck with it................we did finally find an inn and had a nice good steak and baked potato meal for me and I think she had some pasta dish........back to the resort.........more giggles and talking and to bed.................

No comments: